Tuesday 14 November 2017

Cello stand

The cello stand mentioned in the first post in this group. Nothing particularly special about it, but it did strike me as a neat bit of carpentry, very neat by my own standards. I only wondered why it appeared to have been sanded down. Did the floor manager at St. Luke's not care for brown-wood-furniture-brown against the pale colour of the stage?

I notice that there appears to be no maker's name on the side of this piano, despite the comments at reference 1. I must try to remember to look next time I am at St. Luke's and they have a piano on - although this may be a while as this concert was end-of-term and I doubt whether I will make the first half of next term, being devoted to Debussy. I know practically nothing about the man, beyond a strong suspicion that he goes in for fast and complicated piano music. Too old to learn any better now.

I notice also that the time stamp on this photograph is around 1415, so well over the hour slot allowed. Will this recorded programme be pruned somehow? Not sure how you might go about that, with the producer being hardly likely to go for the easy option of spiking her own remarks. Could one lose two of the three movements from the first piece, not very well known, in the reasonable belief that not many people would notice and even fewer would complain? Notwithstanding, seems a bit drastic.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/yuja.html.

Group search key: sld.

No comments:

Post a Comment