Wednesday 24 August 2016

Trolley 47

A Sainsbury's trolley again, captured at the crossing of the exit from Kiln Lane onto East Street.

After returning it, I carried on down the passage at the side of the Sainsbury's building, to find that the passage, once again, was badly littered.

Perhaps it is time I suggested to their customer service people that it is time for another clear up. Or perhaps I should do the clear up myself and present them with the two or three dustbin bags of rubbish that I could probably recover in half an hour or so. Would they give me a little something as a token of their appreciation? Or would I be taking the bread out of the mouths of starving zero hours contract workers?

Bit hot this afternoon, but I might be tempted tomorrow, just for the crack as we used to say when I was small. Something else that wikipedia knows all about - see reference 1 - where I was interested to read that it is really a word from the Middle English which has not been in Ireland for very long, certainly not centuries. And I had thought that the crack was the staple diet of Irish navvies.

Reference 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craic.

No comments:

Post a Comment